Chicken Pesto Pasta w/ Asparagus
- 100g penne pasta
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spears asparagus, hard ends removed, cut into thirds
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 4cm strips
- Roza’s Gourmet Traditional Pesto 240ml
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to the packaging directions. In the last 2 minutes of cooking time, gently add in the asparagus. Drain the pasta when al dente, and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and sauté chicken breast for 3-4 minutes. Add in pasta, asparagus and pesto and stir in 2 tbsp of reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 ½ minutes, stirring constantly. Serve.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves or oil packed sundried tomatoes (cut into strips).
- The addition of pasta water to the sauce helps to add flavour and thicken the sauce.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Asparagus, Chicken Breast, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW