Chilli Beef Con Carn
- 500g Cleaver’s Premium Organic Beef Mince
- ½ red capsicum
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 200g truss tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 400g tin mixed beans, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a deep saucepan, add the tomato chunks on high heat. As the juices come out, bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir for about 7 minutes until you have a chunky sauce.
- Add the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the sauce and put aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and add Cleaver’s Premium Organic Beef Mince. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and sauté for 3 ½ minutes. Add red capsicum, onion, chilli, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground paprika and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir the tomato sauce into the pan, then add the beans. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, let it cook for 5 minutes and serve with steamed rice or wrap a few tablespoons in a corn tortilla with avocado salsa and grated cheese.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Let the sauce cool down before putting it in a blender to avoid high pressure build up. Alternatively, blend in small batches, such as a third of the blender at a time.
Leave the chilli seeds in for more heat.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Beef, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW