Classic Beef Burger with Tomato Relish
- 300g Cleaver’s Premium Organic Beef Mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 80g Beerenberg Tomato Chutney
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Brioche burger buns
- 1 red onion
- 1 truss tomato, cut into thick slices
- 1 Love Beets Baby Beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 Baby cos lettuce
- QE tasty sliced cheese
- Finely chop half of the red onion and set aside. Slice the rest of the onion into rings.
- Combine Cleaver’s Premium Organic Beef Mince, egg, Worcestershire sauce, finely chopped onion and parsley in a medium mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Shape the mince into patties approximately 2cm thick. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large fry pan, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side.
- To assemble, place the bottom burger bun on a plate and spread a layer of Beerenberg Tomato Chutney. Top with one leaf of baby cos, a slice of truss tomato, 2 slices of baby beetroot, one beef patty, 1 slice of QE cheese and a red onion ring. Top the burger with the top burger bun and serve.
- To cut onion rings, make sure the onion is peeled first, then hold the onion on a chopping board with the root facing the side. Begin slicing downwards from the opposite end of the root, until you reach the root. Separate the slices into rings.
- Lightly toast the burger buns with a little bit of butter.
- Add the sliced cheese on top of the beef patty during the last 30 seconds of cooking, and cover the pan with a lid. You will end up with a lovely melted cheese on top of your patty.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Beef, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW