Creamy Chicken Carbonara
- 300g linguine
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 strips bacon, chopped into 1cm strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup thickened cream
Cook pasta as per packet instruction.
- Once cooked, reserve ¼ cup of pasta water before straining.
- Whisk eggs, cream and cheese in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook bacon bits in a frying pan for 2 minutes or until it starts to crisp. Remove the bacon onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add chicken to the same frying pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Return bacon to the pan and add the linguine and garlic. Mix together and turn the heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture slowly and mix it in until well combined. Stir in 2 tbsp of pasta water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes and serve.
- The addition of pasta water to the sauce helps to add flavour and thicken the sauce.
- Pancetta can be used instead of bacon
- Garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Chicken Breast, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW