Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon
- 4 QE free range eggs
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water filled up ¾ to a boil. Add white wine vinegar to the water. Reduce the heat slightly so the water comes to a gentle simmer. Crack each egg into a small bowl or ramekin. Stir the water with a large spoon in a circular motion to create a whirlpool. Gently pour the eggs into the centre of the whirlpool one by one and let them cook for about 4 minutes each. Remove them from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Toast the English muffins and plate them. On each half, add one cooked egg, 2 slices of smoked salmon and ½ tbsp of hollandaise sauce.
- To serve, g
arnish with fresh chopped chives and dill or
fresh rocket and cherry tomatoes.
- Practice makes perfect: poaching eggs is not the easiest task, however, the more you do you, the better you will get.
- Lift the eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and gently touch the yolk to determine done-ness. If it is firm, it is cooked. If it is soft, the yolk is still runny.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Breakfast, Eggs, Lunch, What's NEW