Ginger and Shallot Barramundi
- 1 barramundi fillet
- 10g ginger, julienned
- 1 eschallot, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ¾ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- Combine light soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine corn flour and 1 tablespoon of cold water in another bowl and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the barramundi fillet skin side down and cook for 2 ½ minutes on each side. Remove the barramundi.
- Add the sauce mixture into the pan and add in ginger and eshallots. Sauté for 40 seconds.
- Pour the corn flour and water mixture into the sauce and mix for 5 seconds. Add the barramundi fillet back into the pan.
- Use a spoon to baste the top of the fillet with the sauce.
- Close the lid of the pan and reduce the heat to low. Let the fish cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and plate the fish. Pour the sauce, ginger and shallots over the fish and serve.
- Best served with cooked jasmine rice.
- Add 1 tsp chopped fresh chili with the ginger and eshallots for a spicy kick.
- Date August 3, 2021
- Tags Barramundi, Dinner