Grilled Chicken, Haloumi & Pineapple Skewers
Cook time: 30 minutes
Get the tropical taste of pineapples all year round with this simple and colourful chicken and haloumi kebabs.
- 500g free-range chicken breast fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small pineapple, diced into bite-sized chunks
- 180g organic haloumi cheese, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into pieces
- 1 green capsicum, cut into pieces
- 1 tb fresh lemon thyme, extra for garnish
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of couscous
- 1 bunch of mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup QE almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 tb natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
Step 1: To prepare the couscous, boil some water in the kettle. In a large mixing bowl, add the couscous and one and a half cups of boiling water and allow the cous cous to soak. Set aside.
Step 2: Cut the chicken into chunks. Place in a mix bowl with the garlic, lemon thyme and season with salt and pepper. Mix chicken with hands to evenly coat with seasoning.
Step 3: To prepare the skewers, thread pieces of chicken, red capsicum, green capsicum, haloumi and pineapple onto a skewer. Repeat to create a colourful kebab.
Step 4: Pre-heat the grill to 180C or heat a grill pan over medium- high heat. Drizzle with one tablespoon oil and grill/fry or BBQ each skewer until chicken is cooked through and the other ingredients are slightly charred, about 7 mins, turning once
Step 5: Meanwhile, prepare the couscous salad. With a fork, separate the cous cous. Add the chopped mint, crushed almonds and remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Step 6: Once skewers are cooked, serve with couscous salad and top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Per serve: 2031kJ; 35g protein; 15g fat (4.6g saturated fat); 46g carbs (13g sugar); 7g fibre; 914mg sodium
- High fibre
- High protein
- 2 serves of vegetables
- 1 serve of fruit
- Date June 22, 2021
- Tags Chicken Breast, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW