Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Jamaican jerk chicken
Serves: 1-2 Prep: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 200g boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 eschalot, roughly cut into rings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long green chili, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- Combine marinade ingredients in a food processor and process until combined.
- Place chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag, pour in the marinade and mix it together until fully incorporated. Seal the bag and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 190°C. Grease a baking tray with a bit of oil and arrange the chicken thighs on this in one layer. Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
- Grill the marinated chicken thighs on a barbecue/grill instead for a chargrilled, authentic flavour.
- Adjust the level of spice by adding or removing green chili.
- The chicken tastes best when marinated for longer. Prepare this dish in advance by marinating the chicken for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- This dish can be served with grilled pineapple, coconut rice, fresh mango slices, beans or salads.
- Date September 28, 2021
- Tags Dinner, What's NEW