Moroccan Beef Koftas
- 6 skewers
- 350g Cleaver’s Premium Organic Beef Mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup Barambah Organics All Natural Yoghurt
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for Barambah Organics All Natural Yoghurt and olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mince into thick sausages and thread onto skewers.
- In a large fry pan, heat olive oil over medium-high and add the koftas to the pan.
- Cook the koftas for 6-7 minutes per side.
- Line a plate with paper towels and plate the koftas on top. Serve with Barambah Organics All Natural Yoghurt as a dip and a garden or cucumber salad.
- Add some fresh chopped parsley leaves to your yoghurt dip for some herby goodness.
- To avoid ending up with a dry kofta, use a mince with 20% fat.
- You can try this recipe with lamb, turkey or chicken mince and it will still work.
- If you have refrigerated your mince mix, let your meat come to room temperature before cooking.
Use a grill to cook the koftas for an authentic style kofta. Grill uncovered on medium for approximately 12 minutes, turning during cooking.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Beef, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW