Peanut Butter Chicken with Fragrant Pilau Rice
Cook time: 30-minutes
Ready in under 30 minutes, this crowd-pleasing peanut butter chicken is simple to make, tasty, and completely family-friendly.
- 500g chicken breast, sliced into thick chunks
- 2 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup QE smooth peanut butter
- 1 tb fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tb honey
- 1 tb fish sauce (check spelling in ingredients)
- 1 tb apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups cooked Basmati rice
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of cardamom
- Handful of QE Foods currants
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Pappadums (check spelling in ingredients page)
- Freshly squeezed lime
- Cucumber ribbons
Step 1: To make the PB sauce, place all PB sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the chicken chunks and toss until chicken is coated in sauce. Refrigerate for 30-minutes to marinate. (Gus, please add text overlay before the pan comes in)
Step 2: Once marinated, heat a fry-pan over medium-heat. Add the one tablespoon of oil and onion and gently stir until onions are coated in oil. Add the chicken chunks and cook the chicken for 6–8 minutes or until browned. Add the coconut milk and gently simmer on low heat for 10-minutes or until sauce has reduced. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Step 3: To prepare the pilau rice, heat a clean fry-pan on low heat, drizzle the remaining olive oil, add the cooked rice, turmeric, cardamom, parsley currants and mix until well-combined. Turn of the heat.
Step 4: Serve the rice with the peanut butter chicken, cucumber ribbons, squeeze lime, chili flakes (optional) and pappadums.
Curry per serve: 1988kJ; 28g protein; 13g carbs (11g sugar); 33g fat (12g sat fat); 2g fibre, 742mg sodium.
- Date June 10, 2021
- Tags Chicken Breast, Dinner, What's NEW