- 4 QE free range eggs
- 1 tsp QE Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or minced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp harissa paste
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 200g can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 70g Greek feta
- Parsley leaves (garnish), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp QE Hummus
- In a large fry pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add smoked paprika and cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and harissa paste and bring the sauce to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make four wells in the mixture with a spoon and gently crack an egg into each hole. Increase the heat to medium and cover for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and crumbled feta, and serve with warm pita or toasted ciabatta bread, and hummus.
- Optional: drizzle with honey at the end for a sweet finish.
Cook the eggs to your liking. Lightly feel for hardening of the yolk with your fingertips to determine how cooked your yolks will be. 5 minutes for runny yolks, 8 minutes for firm yolks.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Breakfast, Eggs, Lunch, What's NEW