Slow Cooked Chilli Scrambled Eggs
- 4 QE free range eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp crème fraiche
- Heat a pan over medium heat. After 30 seconds, add butter. When it melts, pour in the eggs.
- Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to aggressively stir the eggs for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the egg starts to slightly set. Take the pan off the heat and continue stirring for 20 seconds. Repeat this until the egg is about 60% set.
- Add black pepper, dried chilli flakes and oregano and mix. Place the pan back on the heat and stir for 1 -2 minutes, or until the egg is 80-90% set. Add a pinch of salt and crème fraiche and stir until combined.
- Remove the scrambled eggs to a plate and serve.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives, dill and parsley.
- Serve with toast.
- The resulting texture of the egg due to being cooked on low heat should be fluffy, soft and creamy.
- Date October 19, 2021
- Tags Breakfast, Eggs, Lunch, What's NEW