Miso Salmon Poke Bowl
Cook time: 30 minutes
Poke bowls are fun to make, full of healthy ingredients, and bursting with flavour. Simply set out the toppings and let the family construct their own bowl.
- 4 salmon fillets or 450g
- 1 tb olive oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 4 dried seaweed (nori) rectangles, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and mashed
- 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled into thin strips
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tb black sesame seeds.
- 1 tb white or yellow miso paste
- 2 tb mirin
- 1 tb honey
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
Step 1: To prepare the miso dressing, place all miso ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until well-combined. Set a side.
Step 2: Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Place salmon fillets skin side facing down on a baking tray lined with baking paper. With a pastry brush, gently paste the miso dressing onto the salmon, drizzle with one tablespoon of oil and bake in the oven for 20-minutes or until salmon in cooked to your liking.
Step 3: Remove the salmon from the oven and gently flake into pieces, removing the skin.
Step 4: To prepare the poke bowl, add 1 cup of cooked rice or quinoa, top with salmon pieces, 1-2 tb mashed avocado, cucumber strips and nori. Garnish with black sesame seeds and freshly squeeze of lime.
Per serve with tortilla: 2823kJ; 31g protein; 67g carbs (7g sugar); 30g fat (5.8g sat fat); 5.2g fibre, 247mg sodium.
- Date June 10, 2021
- Tags Avocado, Dinner, Lunch, What's NEW